I was born in Italy in 1984. I studied at the School of Art in Urbino and I have a Masters Degree in Visual Design from the Academy of Fine Arts in Urbino.
Being born at Fabriano, a town with a historic tradition of paper making, I feel I have a strong bond with this material which I consider to be much more than a common object of everyday use. For me, paper is not just a support to cover with colour, but rather it is the true protagonist of the work of art.
My studies focalize on the necessity of leaving an indelebile mark on the paper by means of strong invasive action such as making holes and cuts in it. None of my works can be erased or covered over with colour. The paper has been cut, there is no going back; it has its own form, it tells its own story, like the human skin. Some of my works can be touched, eyes closed, to give them new form evoked through the sense of touch and the imagination. With others, instead, it is as like being immerged in worlds made up of cut-out layers which eventually sink into a dream.
Through the medium of paper I try to create new walks and broader landscapes to discover, suggesting a new relationship between us and each other and between us and our world.
I work hard and I constantly evolving and developing my style.
I passionately believe that art is more than aesthetics; it serves as a conceptual statement that prompts us to improve ourselves and the world we live in.
Today I live and work for LACCIUGA in Morciano di Romagna.
Currently, I work with Sensi Art Gallery managed by Francesca Sensi and with Bi-box Art Gallery managed by Irene Finiguerra (Biella), and my works are curated by Gabriele Magnani, English correspondent of the magazine AD, art critic and curator.
– 2008 / 2010 Academy of Fine Arts, masters degree in Visual Design, Urbino, Italy
– 2005 / 2008 Academy of Fine Arts, bachelors degree in Multimedia Design, Urbino, Italy
– 2003 / 2005 Art Institute, advanced course in Traditional Animation, Urbino, Italy
– 2017 INDEX Design Series, Art Fair, Create Hub Gallery, World Trade Center, Dubai
– 2017 SetUp Art Fair, Art Fair, Sensi Art Gallery, Bologna, Italy
– 2016 Vegetale Contemporaneo, group exhibition, Sensi Art Gallery, Colle di Val D’Elsa, Siena, Italy
– 2016 La parte per il tutto, bipersonale, Sensi Art Gallery, Colle di Val D’Elsa, Siena, Italy
– 2016 Launch of Gallery 48, group exhibition, Gallery 48, Dundee, Scotland, UK
– 2016 SetUp Plus! INCIPIT, studio legale Evolve, BiBox Art Space, Bologna, Italy
– 2015 Selvatica, natura in festival, group exhibition, BiBox Art Space, Biella, Italy
– 2015 SetUp Art Fair, Art Fair, BiBox Art Space, Bologna, Italy
– 2014 Operazione Arcevia. Art Contest, group exhibition, Riserva Privata San. Settimio, Arcevia, Italy
– 2014 Zingarelli Art Prize “Rocca delle macìe”, group exhibition, Castellina in Chianti, Siena, Italy
– 2013 / 2014 Inter/National, group exhibition, Box Heart Expressions Gallery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
– 2013 BiGam, Young Artists Biennial from Marche, group exhibition, Civitanova Marche, Italy
– 2013 ArtVilnius, Art Fair, Maelström Art Gallery, Vilnius, Lithuania
– 2013 Nurant, group exhibition, Gogol & Company, Milan, Italy
– 2013 In natura, group exhibition, BiBox Art Space, Biella, Italy
– 2009 Identità Mutanti, group exhibition, Circolo culturale Bertolt Brecht, Milan, Italy
– 2008 ZOE-microfestival, group exhibition, Orti Giuli Garden, Pesaro, Italy
– 2007 Perle National Festival, group exhibition, Monte Cialdini Barracks, Pesaro, Italy
– 2014 First Prize, Zingarelli Art Prize “Rocca delle macìe”, Castellina in Chianti, Siena
– 2014 Finalist, Operazione Arcevia. Art Contest, Riserva Privata San. Settimio, Arcevia
– 2014 First prize, Inter/National, Box Heart Expressions Gallery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
– 2013 Finalist, Oasis draws nature, Italian Tourism Naturalistic Association, Turin, Italy
– 2011 Third prize, The sound of Pixel, Flashfumetto and International Comics Festival BILBOLBUL, Bologna, Italy
– 2009 Finalist for the stop-motion short film Insecta, Festival of Independent Cinema Filmakers al Chiostro, Pordenone, Italy
– 2009 Finalist for the stop-motion short film Insecta, Macerata Spark film festival 2009, Macerata, Italy
– 2009 Third prize, Moving Pixel, Flashfumetto and International Comics Festival BILBOLBUL, Bologna, Italy
– 2006 Award for the stop-motion short film Mr. Martino Tappi, 4°edition Civitanova Film Festival, Civitanova Marche, Italy
– 2006 Award for the stop-motion short film Mr. Martino Tappi, 41° International Festival of the New Cinema, Pesaro, Italy
– 2005 Award for children illustration, 10° International prize Scarpetta D’Oro, Padova, Italy
– 2005 First prize for the animation Verrà la morte e avrà i tuoi occhi, 40° International Festival of the New Cinema, Pesaro, Italy
– 2004 Award for children illustration, 9° International prize Scarpetta D’Oro, Padova, Italy
– 2004 First prize for the short film H.I.V., Pfizer drugmaker
PUBLICATIONS OF OWN WORKS
– 2016 Average Art Magazine, Liverpool
– 2014 Lo Straniero, Rome, Italy
– 2013 Nurant, Milan, Italy
– 2011 Lo Straniero, Rome, Italy
– 2007 Cover for Pagine Giovani, Rome, Italy
– 2007 Pennedoka, Alessandria, Italy
– 2012 Animation assistant and post-production of the animation inserted in the film Tutto parla di te directed by Alina Marazzi (winner of the Golden Camera for Best New Director and for the best production at the 7° Edition of the International Rome Film Festival)